Cool things from the weekendPosted: March 21, 2011
A weekend without competing with the robot! It’s amazing how many cool things can happen over the weekend when you’re not in an arena for most of it:
– After studying my butt off for most of the week, I took the Miller Analogies Test on Sat morning. I have a blog post brewing about it and I’ll let you know when it’s ready.
– We had a bunch of people over and we watched the Chesapeake Regional, followed by Sacramento. Chesapeake was fun to watch since we had a lot of friends competing. My high school team (currently now run by my dad) came in 2nd place and did an overall awesome job. Sacramento was good, but ran long. We literally watched half of a DVR’d episode of Wipeout while waiting between just one finals match.
– My Mr. made his first attempt at homemade espinaca. It needs some tweaking, but it’s definitely on the right track.
– In an attempt to get spring to get here already, we bought patio furniture! We also talked about our outdoor strategy for the spring/summer. Very very exciting stuff.
– I futzed with paint upstairs. We’re currently trying to find a happy medium between “too dark” (me) and “this looks like a bathroom” (the Mr.). I want something turquoise-ish. All the ones on the left are very blue – and the three from the right are my 2nd round of samples.
– We attempted to pick out tile for our kitchen backsplash again. More on that soon.
What did you do this weekend?